Search This Blog

"UNINTERESTED", "DISINTERESTED"


Choosing the CORRECT WORD for Everyday ENGLISH

That's the title of one of my books, got it from my mini-library, after I did some housekeeping on it. My quite old book, when I was still learning English... hehe.. Now, still learning also.
Flipping page to page, suddenly these two words... so interesting, and I'm so interested to share them with you. I'm not an English Lecturer. Not even an English teacher. These words, beside to share it with you, also to remind of myself the usage of it. Happy reading!

"Uninterested" means "not interested", e.g.

1. He is uninterested in making money.
2. Why are you uninterested in reading?
3. They were all uninterested in watching the game.

"Disinterested" means "not selfish", "not taking sides", "impartial", "fair", e.g.

1. A judge is disinterested in deciding a case; but he is not uninterested in the case.
2. The better person wins, I am disinterested in the results.
3. The referee is not uninterested in the football match; but he is disinterested in deciding which side wins the match.

Source: Choosing the CORRECT WORD for Everyday ENGLISH by Milon Nandy

No comments:

Post a Comment













Like us on Facebook