Search This Blog

Your Next 40 Days


From the book of The Purpose-Driven® Life:

Today the average life span is 25,550 days. That’s how long you will live if you are typical.

The Bible is clear that God considers 40 days a spiritually significant time period. Whenever God wanted to prepare someone for his purposes, he took 40 days:

  • Noah’s life was transformed by 40 days of rain.

  • Moses was transformed by 40 days on Mount Sinai.

  • The spies were transformed by 40 days in the Promised Land.

  • David was transformed by Goliath’s 40-day challenge.

  • Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from a single meal.

  • The entire city of Nineveh was transformed when God gave the people 40 days to change.

  • Jesus was empowered by 40 days in the wilderness.

  • The disciples were transformed by 40 days with Jesus after his resurrection.
  • Still reading this book. Above is part of the book that I feel need to share with you. I’m not alim sangat. But I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.

    4 comments:

    1. Apa nya buku tu? After read abis kasi share lagikk

      ReplyDelete
    2. I've read this book. It's a great book, but not extraordinary as I thought it would be. I found it useful for it reminds me of the most important lessons in life. These things thou, we already know. It's just impossible for us to remember all those many things every single day.

      Just like you, I'm not alim at all, but I'm kinda spiritual (not religious!) & I believe in God. Don't forget to post your thoughts when you're done ;)

      Have fun reading!

      ReplyDelete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Welcome soulful girl. Thanks for visiting. I try to read this book as suggested by the author. One chapter per day. So far, so good (standard remark, ha!). The only comment i can say, this moment, if anybody interested to read this book, don't read it like reading love story book.

      ReplyDelete













    Like us on Facebook